Thursday, June 6, 2013
Rates are going up up up but still no set date
This morning I wrote a letter to our SR and PM's manager (who has been very nice helping us with the construction problems we found) to request for closing credit and closing assistance. I held them responsible for the delays and construction problems we been having since foundation. (you can read them by going back to last 4-5 blog posts). I will post a follow up if Ryan will take some responsibility for this.
Anyway, here are some updates on the house construction. They have installed shingles yesterday on the roof. There are still wet spots in the basement and the subfloor is not completely dry yet on the upper floors.
I used a moisture meter to test the wood in the family room (where it was over 1" of water sitting over night) and it reads18% moisture vs 9% -10% on the dry wood on the wall and over 20% in the cracks between the wood panels. We had 80 degree weather the last 2 days which helped with drying the wood but will need more drying time. Mold can still grow in the cracks between the wood where saw dust are packed in and still wet.